Saturday, February 26, 2005

I'm supposed to be doing work, I'm sure, but, with webmail down, I feel almost like I don't know where to begin. You know those people who are addicted to their email, and have to check their email, like, 3 times before being able to start on anything productive? Yeah, I'm one of those people. Also, those people who can't get round to work if there's even the slightest chance that they could push it, till, say, next millenium? Again, guilty as charged. I figure that, eventually, I'll do some Japanese, call it a day, and then, I don't know, try and find out who's willing to wile the night away with me (I think right now I have plans with a certain scoundrel I haven't seen in a week or so to try and wrangle free drinks at a certain bar, and that most definitely sounds fairly appealing, especially given my slight hangover). The point is, I shouldn't hold my breath expecting myself to get any work done.

I'm contemplating putting an end to this whole maverick, I do what I want, intoxicated, expletive filled lifestyle I'm leading. I figure, like I've said so many times before, I can see the days of thunder dwindling down somewhat. Not that they haven't been having their last hurrah, of course - I've definitely been doing my fair share of boozing and bingeing, slanging and clanging these past few weeks. When I got off my butt (other than the toilet breaks) and prepared to go to sleep in the dark last night, checked my clock and realized that we'd been talking till 5 am in the morning (actually a little past that) I realized that, just perhaps, I was eventually going to have to start slowing things down just a teeny tiny bit. At least, I suppose, I wasn't as wasted as I was a couple fridays before; watching movies and trying to speak in as many languages as possible is a pretty good way to spend a night, I figure. I need more polyglot friends. Provided they're cool. Or hot.

Hmm...need to find a dinner date tonight. With my email down, I am stranded. What will I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home