Monday, January 31, 2005

For those of you who didn't know, up till this morning, there was a way to print pdfs in the reg's mac lab. For those of you who don't know the reg's mac lab, or why anyone would want to print pdfs there, suffice to say that, given the heavy reading load at this school, printing pdfs at the mac lab was a pretty integral part of my daily schedule, mostly because it was free, and I am cheap.

Unfortunately, this had (temporarily) ended in tears. Thanks to the blubbering masses' inability to keep a secret, the custodians of the mac lab have finally got round to reversing TexShop's ability to circumvent the evil, money-sucking UChicago print system (the bastards; by whom I mean the money grubbing university, not the lab technicians, some of whom are pretty alright dudes) as such, I am stuck with the daunting process of actually paying for my piles (and there are lots of them) of reading materials.

Mostly, though, this is directed against those fools who told everyone about TexShop. Admittedly, my lips might not be as tight as they could be, but I figure I was fairly discreet about who I shared these delicate secrets with. The point is, when you try and hook up your friends, you'll inevitably hook up the stupid person who'll end up going to the maclab technician complaining about a problem with their currently printing pdf. This invariably screws it all up for the rest of us, condemning us to endless suckiness. Damn their eyes! I fucking hate stupid people. Unless they're giving me money.

But then, I guess that's enough for this rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home