Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Last Night in Japan.

Tokyo. Ikebukuro. It is rainy. I cannot find the apostrophe on these fucking Japanese keyboards. To make it worse, this keyboard has a strange chinese (I assume) twist. I have found myself in a hotel where the proprietors, and almost all the clients, are chinese. Cantonese is flying everywhere, with bits of Hokkien and a liberal dose of Mandarin. It's strangely reassuring, but still ridiculously bizarre. If anyone coming to Japan is interested, it's called House Ikebukuro (in Japanese, hausu ikebukuro).

As I type this, Cantonese drama serials are playing in the background. I am waiting for my buddy to get his shit together so we can hit Takadanobaba. More details of the trip later. If anyone's still interested, that is. OH MY GOD! I FOUND THE FUCKING APOSTROPHE! FUCKS YEAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home