Sunday, June 29, 2003

I'm all settled in at last and life seems to be picking up. Ate at humble house today, which was not really all that humble at all. The pork ribs were tender and delicious, but over-generously portioned. Also, they served the exact same spinach tofu that I had at club chinois on the first night of my return. I was much better prepared for it this time, though, and hence found it slightly more enjoyable. I've decided that esplanade should be pronounced es-pluh-nayd, rather than es-pluh-nahd, because I say so. I'm always right, anyway. Fuck everyone who contradicts me. Pah.

I've finally gotten used to the ridiculous heat. It's actually been surprisingly pleasant these past few days; I've grown quite comfortable in this state of idleness. Every day I play some quality playstation, ensure that I play a key role in the younger siblings' development, then try to attend to all those little matters which require my attention. I've made a few inane resolutions which I intend to try to keep, such as 'spend more time with increasingly senile grandfather' or 'improve japanese', and these please me greatly. All in all, I should say my life has been relatively peachy. There was a brief period when I thought I was getting bored of this holiday living, but I was terribly wrong. Life is awesome, especially when you're idle.

I've been thinking a lot of domestic thoughts recently. My family is far more endearing than I remember. The long absence really did wonders for our relationship, I think. Sometimes I just want to give them all a big hug. I love being home. Gush, gush, gush. I am happy. Hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home