Sunday, August 18, 2002

Having been in a relatively good mood all of yesterday, I figure I'm a little overdue for a right pissy mood. I'm sure that my faithful fans (yes, all two of you) would hate for me to lose my edge, and what other way can one maintain one's edge but by being in a right pissy mood?

So let's see...what is there to get pissed at today? I just watched 4 hours of Star Trek on TNN. I think that's one thing to be pissed off about already. I hate myself so much sometimes, especially after watching 4 hours of Star Trek and discovering that I perversely sort of enjoyed it. Travesty! Bourgeois bums do not watch Star Trek; that is a vice reserved for people who own alien suits and too many plastic toys! It just goes to show how much I've had to occupy my time that I find myself sitting in front of the television watching Captain Picard and his spandex clad crew go traipsing about their cardboard universe. My life is so sad.

Another thing to be pissed off about (perhaps one more telling of the pathetic nature of my existence) is the fact that I missed Arsenal's first game of the season. Fair enough, the boys demolished Birmingham 2-0 (yet another 2 goal mauling by a complacent Arsenal), but I should've been watching it, every glorious, indolent minute of it. How can I survive every week knowing that the Gooners will be cheering on the Arse, and that I won't be able to project my spirit to Highbury, vicariously lapping up every red and white minute? My heart aches already.

Incidentally, the new home jerseys are now available on the Arsenal website. My birthday is coming up in, let's see, 2 months and 6 days. Coincidence? I think not.

Three entries in as many days, and all of them full of bullshit. I'm suffering from a bad case of verbal diarrhea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home