Sunday, July 28, 2002

How could I fail to mention lunch yesterday at Club Chinois? No matter, I suppose, Adele Wyrr has a more than adequate account of it on his/her blog.

Today was a day for lasts; ok, so I'm being a little melodramatic, seeing as to how I'm only going to be gone for a year or so before the holidays come round again, but if the last two years were anything to go by, a year can be a hell of a long time - seriously. As I type this I'm frantically trying to back up my mp3 collection and miscellaneous downloads for transport to the other side of the world; yes, the inevitable take off draws closer still! Less than 24 hours now, then it's an almost brand new life in the land of the free and the home of the big mac.

Tonight I had dinner with my extended family - my grandfather is still worried that I'll go crazy and start smoking and drinking and picking up all sorts of other bad habits. I'm so thankful he hasn't been privy to my recent indiscretions. What would he think of his perfect grandson then? I shudder to think of it. There are far too many worrying thoughts for me to, er, worry about as it is.

An old friend stopped by and we had a chat over left over Sprite and white wine; yet another thing to miss.

What is wrong with me? I should be happy now, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home